Friday, March 9, 2012

Assassin's Creed Recollection is now on iPhone/iPod Touch devices and is still free


I never though it will work due to the space constraints but after trying it, it doesn't feel too cramp. In fact, it makes the iPad version feel like it contains a lot of waste of space! To be fair, I was playing on the iPhone 4 and I think you'll need a retina-display capable device to enjoy the game on a smaller device. The game had some initial problem syncing my missions and credits but after 2 games, the game was in sync with my iPad version. I had to manually upload my decklists to the server from my iPad to transfer to the iPhone version though. I experience a bit of lag on my iPhone due to it using an older generation processor The iPhone 4S should perform as well as my iPad 2.

I have to admit that I lost quite a lot of interest in the game after all the "nerf" changes. Although it may balance the game on the surface (which it does of course), I think it takes away quite a lot of fun. EDIT: I also didn't like that the "nerf" changes seem to be suggested from the players instead of Ubisoft's own R&D team (if it exists). With this latest update to enable the game on my iPhone which is more portable, it will "win" just a few more games from me.

iTunes App Store link: Assassin's Creed Recollection - Ubisoft