Sunday, November 2, 2014

Hearthstone: An attempt to take a fresh Free-to-play account to Legend by Lunk42

By Lunk42 from Reddit

It was made with the aim of checking out the entry barrier to Hearthstone for new players and I think the main takeaway is the difficulty in getting enough cards to make decent decks for a number of classes to be able to do daily quests which are pretty essential for gold. As I pointed out in my Late Starter Guide post, it takes around 5-6 classes to cover the class specific daily quests.

The other interesting thing is regarding the Casual matchmaking system, I used to think there is some matchmaking ranking system in Casual but I guess it is only true for Ranked matches as I'm experiencing the same thing as Lunk42. You can also get match up to the same player again often times, win or loss previously. I think matchmaking is simply non-existent in Casual and new players need to be aware of that.