Thursday, February 4, 2010

Lightsworn: Fade to Black

Nice read here, “CROWSWORN” – A YU-GI-OH! DECK REPORT BY ALLEN PENNINGTON which I saw over at the Irish Duelist's post: Allen Pennington: "Crowsworn". Allen's take on lightsworn is a twilight version that uses 2 D.D. Crows which double as "traps". This reminds me of Rauzes' Silk and Milk post: Latest Craze: Full Monster, where some monsters can actually serve as spells or traps. Lightsworns already have Necro Gardnas and Honest which fulfill those type of monsters.

I wanted to netdeck/build Allen's deck but I do not have any Gold Sarcophaguses so I decide to do away with Gorz and the 2 Gold Sarcos to replace them with 3 Battle Faders. This way the deck is OCG official tournament legal and they serve as "Threatening Roars" and also darks for Chaos Sorcerers if they get milled. I also intend to replace the Bottomless Trap Holes with Mirror Force as I think the deck needs cards other than Judgment Dragon to mass clear threats after dropping the Battle Faders. I will replace the other Bottomless for the third Beckoning Light, as the trap can be a powerful game-ender and 3 graveyard retrieval cards is better for lightsworns in my opinion.

For the sidedeck, I will have to replace the 4 cards in the list which I do not have: 2 Wabokus, My Body as Shield and Kycoo for 2 Threatening Roars and 2 Monster Reincarnations to go with Royal Decrees. I intend to replace Phantom Chaos for another Black Shiny "G" to keep the deck OCG official tournament legal. Black Shiny "G" are also another silk and milk type of card.

Monsters: 27
2 Judgment Dragon
2 Celestia, Lightsworn Angel
3 Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
1 Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior
1 Ehren, Lightsworn Monk
2 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
1 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
2 Wulf, Lightsworn Beast
3 Necro Gardna
3 Honest
2 Chaos Sorcerer
3 Battle Fader
2 D.D. Crow

Spells: 9
3 Charge of the Light Brigade
3 Solar Recharge
1 Heavy Storm
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 My Body as a Shield

Traps: 4
1 Mirror Force
3 Beckoning Light

Sidedeck: 15
2 Threatening Roar
2 Royal Decree
2 Dust Tornado
1 Aurkus, Lightsworn Druid
2 Lightning Vortex
1 Breaker the Magical Warrior
2 Shiny Black “G”
1 Nobleman of Crossout
2 Monster Reincarnation

After reading all the rumors about the upcoming March Banlist, I think Chaos Sorcerer might be put to 1 or 0 and Charge of the Light Brigade, to 2. I think the lightsworns should still be playable after March and the deck will have more space for other cards.

Credits to Allen Pennington for the original deck, Crowsworn.